30 October 2006

skegee-town

i went to school in a small southern backwoods town and when i arrived there from my big-city beginnings i was really amazed with the sights and sounds of it. of course after a while like all my city friends i began to miss the city BUT, surprisingly enough it didn't take long for the alabama nights and days to charm the hell out of me. although i missed miami dearly there was something abut the southland that grabbed me. the birds chirping, the forest howling, i don't know. there was just something in the air. i find know that the original tuskegee town was a mvscogee creek settlement.... maybe the ancestors were calling to me. i distinctly remember things i would feel in and about the town. my northern plains boyfriend at the time remarked alot about the energy around there when he'd come to visit.
whoaaa i ain't thought about that in a minute. time flies.
then stays still.

No comments: