26 January 2010

Dream Juju

So my friend asked me to make her juju so that she'd be able to have nightmares/dreams again. Yes, I know some people frown on having nightmares..we don't. She's been having a problem with this since a long ago break-up with a guy we refer to as " he-who-must-not-be-named". What I made her was a bedside candle altar with a metal dreamcatcher fitted to the cap. It is to be placed in a corner, lit before going to bed with the hopes that the dreams will find her.

Here's the prototype:






 Materials : Coffee, Lichen, Paper Lantern, Skull beads, Abalone



The final product: Her dream juju I named Basheva. It was named for a 21st Century Yiddish writer, Issac Bashevis Singer who believed that demons are merely mysterious creations by God, neither good nor evil.

 
Materials : Coffee, Lichen, Recycled Seedling Pot ( for votive), Skull beads, Opihi Shell Necklace,

 

No comments: