11 December 2006

taking back yule for all my pagan friends


email post

so i decided to spice up my dreadful holiday ritual of grading numerous projects before i leave to go down south by
'going christmas'. yesterday before going to a holiday party i'd walked into walgreens for the purpose of buying some of
those OBNOXIOUS headband with reindeer antlers. and i got some. no, not just some but the ones with the ribbon on 'em
and the blinking lights. when i got to the party yesterday me and my other reindeers friends did a little duel and it was then i
realized that these can come in very handy if you're having a pissed off day. so this morning before leaving work i put the antlers
in my bag thinking that they might just come in handy this last week of school at some point in the day. and by god they did....
before leaving work to go to our holiday party i put them on and all my student drama melted away.
interesting thing i noticed :
when people see you the do weird things like smile at you and their all nice. would they if i didn't have the rudolph thing goin on?
( ps. when people assume i'm rudolph i tell them no, blintzen here. )
and when you look at my shadow it looks like a cross between medusa and the green man. it's kinna cool. i think the dreadlocks
make the silhouette look more zoomorphic.
maybe tommorrow i will take a foto.



No comments: