08 October 2009

Saint who?

A variety of practices and messengers used in Hoodoo & Voodoo traditions of the South comes from a diverse number of cultures and belief systems. Gods, Angels, Saints and plain ol' made up deities can be found in many New Orleans rituals. This one though, TAKES THE CAKE !

Saint EXPEDITE isn't a saint at all. This name comes from packages that had been stamped EXPEDITE by the United States Postal Service. Upon arriving at their destinations, practioners came to a realization that this action could be used as an effective magical tool. Candles and oils for this speedy and effective Saint can be found in most candle shops, botanicas & religious supply stores.

Can I really judge this? I'm thinking about it and you know, I really can't see anything wrong with it. I mean, they are continuing using the present-day environment in their practice. You gotta get new right? Culture has to evolve a little bit right? For me, I see it as PURE magic. It's the magic in the everyday.

No comments: