22 October 2009

When looking for a home...



                             ( Photos top to bottom of page , New Orleans, Key West, Key West, Oakland )


I wonder if people, when looking for a place to settle down or settle into think about the history of that environment. I wonder this because my husband and I are looking for a house and I'm OFTEN drawn to Victorian and Colonial/Antebellum style homes. I'm always photographing them wherever I go. Key West, New Orleans, South Carolina, Georgia, San Francisco, Oakland.... As we look for a home though I thinking more about : " Do I wanna move into a house with new or old ghosts/haint/spirits? "
People should really consider these things. For real. I mean I'll take a old haunt over a new one anyday. Some of the modern homes ( post WWI ) really have pain in the ass ghosts. Like ones you can't get rid of. Young spirits who sometime just wallow. We've been in a lot of homes in the past couple months and it's amazing the different energy from home to home. Animal ghosts are the craziest and when I feel'em hanging out in a home I know I don't wanna live there. They tend to have a manic & sneaky energy about them. A liitle spooky? yea i know.

No comments: